Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For

In no particular order
  • George Bush seems to have decided to waste away the final two months of his presidency in a stupor rather than going out in a thermonuclear bang. From him, nothing is better than anything.
  • The American people put aside their accumulated prejudices to elect someone with dark skin and a Muslim name because he was the best man for the job.
  • CBC's Hockey Night in Canada is available on the NHL Network because Canadians know how to do hockey right.
  • Tina Fey and Sandra Bullock because both are very talented and cute as buttons.
  • Lucy Lawless - just because.
  • Groovelily for making their own kind of music.
  • Joan Baez - after all these years she still sings like a lark and means what she sings.
  • John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Peter Sagel, and Sandi Toksvig for bringing a needed perspective to the news. Without them the past eight years would have been completely unbearable.
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss - their music never gets old.
  • The next generation of my family which has turned out to be very sweet and intelligent and, frankly, better people than I am.
  • Yoga - without which I don't think I'd be thankful for much of anything else.

1 comment:

PoliShifter said...

I don't trust Bush to go away quietly but I will be thankful if he does.

I expect midnight pardons and heinous executive orders.