Saturday, March 06, 2010

H. L. Mencken Is Rolling Over

There are so many ways to headline the story that the front page of the Los Angeles Times is a full page ad for a Disney movie. I could have gone with...
  • Times Merges With The Onion
  • Times Editorial Staff Resigns En-mass (Editor-In-Chief says he's rather collect garbage than work on it.)
  • Times Editorial Staff Commits Mass Suicide ("Can't live with the shame," they said.)
  • Los Angeles Residents Ride Times Publisher Out of Town on a Rail
  • Obituary - The American institution of The Press died today at the age of 306.
To call the LA Times a joke is an insult to comics. To call publisher Eddy Hartenstein inane is to understate the dead air between his ears. The Los Angeles Times has become a waste of living trees. I had been looking forward to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, now I doubt I'll see it because I can't get past this perversion of a once great newspaper.

No comments: