Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Murder For Fun

It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it. ~ Robert E. Lee
It seems some in the American military have grown too fond of the war in Afghanistan, they have taken to killing humans for sport. Of course, they are not hunting and killing armed men who can fight back. That would be too dangerous. They really didn't give their victims a fighting chance, in that they are worse even than General Zaroff in The Most Dangerous Game.
"Life is for the strong, to be lived by the strong, and, if needs be, taken by the strong. The weak of the world were put here to give the strong pleasure. I am strong. Why should I not use my gift? If I wish to hunt, why should I not? I hunt the scum of the earth..."
"But they are men," said Rainsford hotly.
"Precisely," said the general. "That is why I use them. It gives me pleasure."
Still from the 1932 movie.

No comments: