Monday, July 16, 2012

Romney: Soundbite King

I've got to hand it to Mitt Romney and his crew. If there is one thing they excel at it is coming up with memorial one-liners.

Retroactive Retirement
It's alliterative, making it easy to remember while at the same time means absolutely nothing and requires a couple thousand words of explanation to even begin making sense. And it sounds kind of sleazy and crooked.


Corporations are people, my friend.
Mitt at his best. Heartless and dehumanizing while at the same time sounding like all of his best friends are corporations.


I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed.
That's because he keeps retroactively retiring.


I like being able to fire people.
Cruel. It's hard to say this line without cackling like an evil mastermind.


[Our campaign] is almost like an Etch-a-Sketch.
A great one-liner is descriptive while also creating a memorial visual image. Besides, the line was great for the economy, it sold lots of Etch-a-Sketches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you have no principles, your words have no principles other than self-interest.