Monday, October 26, 2015

Trump & Mussolini In Their Own Words

I've described Donald Trump as an amalgam of Warren Harding's womanizing stupidity, Huey Long's down-home country radicalism, and Benito Mussolini's media savvy hatreds. The violence of Trump supporters highlight the Mussolini parallels.
Both Trump and Mussolini had a cult-like following. I don't think Trump is the leader (Il Duce) of a fascist revolution. He thinks he is leading a crowd of supporters when he is really just the figurehead for a rabid mob of dangerous criminals.

Egomaniac 
We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning. ~ Trump (9/9/2015)
I’m intelligent. Some people would say I’m very, very, very intelligent. ~ Trump (Fortune magazine, 4/3/2000)

This is the epitaph I want on my tomb: Here lies one of the most intelligent animals who ever appeared on the face of the earth. ~ Mussolini
Racism
I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day. ~ Trump (USA Today, 5/20/1991)
These disgusting Jews, I must destroy them all. ~ Mussolini quoted in his mistress's diary
Vengeance
My motto is: Always get even. When somebody screws you, screw them back in spades. ~ Trump
We do not argue with those who disagree with us, we destroy them. ~ Mussolini

International Relations 
When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people. ~ Trump's most famous presidential quote (6/16/2015)
I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. ~ Trump (6/29/2015)

An African country universally branded as a country without the slightest shadow of civilization. ~ Mussolini announcing his invasion of Ethiopia.
War
I would bomb the hell out of those [ISIS] oilfields. I wouldn't send many troops because you won't need 'em by the time I'm finished. ~ Trump (7/8/2015)
Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands, and an infinite scorn in our hearts. ~ Mussolini
Italian Fascist Blackshirts.
Article about Trump's Thugs.
Donald Trump rally, Richmond, VA, Oct. 16, 2015

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ok with Trump been the Il Duce, can we skip to the part where someone shot him and people hung him at some gas station and skip over all the part in the middle where people died because of his stupid ideas?

Anonymous said...

That's not Mussolini. That's George C. Scott PLAYING Mussolini. The question is, WHO IS TRUMP PLAYING?

Unknown said...

My god people come on. That's the actor George C. Scott. Are you a GOP troll trying to others look dumb?